Exciting Opportunity for Skilled Mammography Technologist
If you fit all the requirements listed below, please submit your application, including your resume/CV and cover letter explaining why you'd be a great Breast Imaging Consultant. Thank you!
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Provide on-site mammography positioning trainings and other related accreditation, quality control and regulatory consultations to breast imaging sites in the United States and potentially internationally. Consultants work under the mentorship of Mammography Educators’ Director of Education, Louise Miller, RT(R)(M)(ARRT), CRT, FSBI, FNCBC and employ a standardized, consistent method of positioning. Consultants are engaging, informative and dynamic teachers, in addition to being excellent mammographers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Provide on-site mammography positioning trainings across the country (travel-required)
- Deliver mammography lectures
- Lead mammography positioning demonstrations with models
- Provide one-on-one technologist feedback
- Image critique and review with technologists
- Interact with radiologist at on-site facilities as appropriate
- Assist with accreditation and inspection preparations
- Participate in conferences and workshops
- Provide follow-up documentation immediately preceding consulting engagements to administration
- A minimum of three years of experience as a mammographer
- Currently licensed and meets all requirements mandated by MQSA (performing or teaching 200 mammograms every 2 years and up-to-date on CEUs)
- Preferably living in the Eastern U.S. but not a requirement
WE’RE SEEKING SOMEONE . . .
- With a flexible schedule
- Eager to learn new skills and techniques
- Friendly and approachable
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal communication)
- Extremely reliable