Due to popular request, Ms. Louise Miller will be holding a Mammography Positioning Academy, which will teach you The Miller Method™ that is:
- Data proven – Results of positioning techniques published in AJR 2017
- Reproducible – Images look more similar from year-to-year
- Consistent – Every technologist positions the same way, in the same sequence
- Efficient – Technologist can perform the exam in the least amount of time without compromising image quality
- Proficient – Less repeats, rejects and technical call-backs
- Ergonomically sound – Less mammography related workplace injuries (neck, wrist, shoulder, etc.)
The curriculum will provide you with a foundation for mammography positioning including correlative anatomy, advanced positioning lectures, demonstrations with live models of varying sizes/shapes/mobility and hands-on positioning of these models under Louise’s direct supervision and feedback using her proven techniques.
Louise is known for her practical, applicable and fun approach to mammography education. She has been an invited lecturer for prestigious academic venues and organizations throughout the world where she has been widely recognized and respected as the premiere expert in mammography positioning. You are guaranteed to learn a lot and have a great time in the process!
For those of you who cannot attend the upcoming training in San Diego, we are currently exploring recreating the MPA in other areas of the country. We hope you will join us in sunny San Diego in June or another location later this year! Availability is very limited on a first-come, first-serve basis and COVID safety precautions are in place.*
*All technologist participants will be required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours of travel.